Done shopping? You can create a PDF of your cart for later or for your purchasing dept! Details at checkout.
- Supports a high density of triple-play service deployments
- Increases access slot capacity to support high-capacity, unblocked, FTTH services
- Enhanced security to protect against spoofing attacks and service theft
- Class of Service support for multi-service deployments, protecting video quality
- Allows Fiber-to-the-Premises (FTTP) convergence of both business Ethernet and residential broadband services on the same shelf
- Flexible uplink via four SFP+ provisionable (1GE or 10GE) optics supporting simplex or redundant architecture
- Resilient ring protection via ERPS (G.8032) support
IP/Ethernet is rapidly advancing as the primary protocol for delivering voice, video and data services in the network. The ADTRAN Total Access 5000 SM40 4x10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GE) switch module enhances the already robust, carrier-class switching capability of the ADTRAN Total Access 5000 Multi-Service Access and Aggregation Platform (MSAP) by offering multiple 10GE network and ring interfaces. With the ability to be deployed in both Central Office (CO) and Remote Terminal (RT) locations, the SM40 4x10GE switch module provides flexible network deployment options, easily scaling to support applications such as Enhanced Broadband, IPTV, Voice over IP (VoIP), Metro Ethernet and service aggregation using 10G network interfaces and Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS) support for network transport.
The Total Access 5000 SM40 4x10GE switch module provides four flexible interfaces on the faceplate which can be used in a variety of ways depending on application needs. All four interfaces are innovative Small Form Factor Pluggable Plus (SFP+) optical standard supporting both 1GE and 10GE rates based upon the appropriate SFP in use.