Done shopping? You can create a PDF of your cart for later or for your purchasing dept! Details at checkout.
- Provides a single, highly available management domain for all system chassis, reducing administrative tasks
- Decreases TCO by reducing the number of network interface cards (NICs), host bus adapters (HBAs), switches, and cables needed
- Transparently encapsulates Fiber Channel packets into Ethernet
- Simplifies management of multiple traffic flows over a single network link
- Supports different classes of service, allowing both lossless and classic Ethernet on the same fabric
- Helps enable a consistent operational model between virtual and physical environments
- Provides the same level of network visibility for virtualized and nonvirtualized environments
- Improves diagnostic and troubleshooting capabilities in a virtual environment
- Simplifies network and security policy enforcement when migrating virtual machines from one host to another QSFP+ ports
- Increases flexibility with a range of interconnect solutions, including copper Twinax cable for short runs and fiber for long runs
- Consumes less power per port than traditional solutions
- Helps enable cost-effective connections on fabric extenders with Cisco Fabric Extender Transceiver (FET) optics Fabric port channel
- Provides flexibility to bundle fabric ports in a port channel
Cisco UCS 2304 Fabric Extender brings the unified fabric into the blade server enclosure, providing multiple 40 Gigabit Ethernet connections between blade servers and the fabric interconnect, simplifying diagnostics, cabling, and management.