- Webinars and Recordings
Webinars and Recordings
Whether you are new to modern world-class networking or an old-school command line guru, Hummingbird Networks Webinars can help you make the most of your network!
Hummingbird Networks is one of the countries most respected sources for networking sales, support, and consultation. With more than a decade in business, our world-class professionals have implemented affordable high-powered networks in everything from small offices to large distributed campus rollouts.
Now, we're bringing our expertise to you in a series of free webinars, open to both our existing clients as well as anyone else who's interested in picking up networking tips! These fast-paced and interactive webinars give you the opportunity to get new ideas from industry thought leaders, while asking the questions you need to know for your own systems.
At times, we will even be joined by experts from major industry hardware developers such as Cisco and ADTRAN and others to ensure you get nothing but cutting-edge advice for your implementations.
Our seminars include both Basic and Advanced talks on topics including:
- WiFi pre-planning and rollout
- Switching and routing
- LAN vs WAN vs vWLAN implementations
- Systems security
- Responding to DDOS and other hack attacks
- Network design on a tight budget
- Employee / workforce training policies
- Cloud vs Onsite implementations
- VoIP and voice/data convergence
- Future-focused network roadmapping
- And many more!
Hummingbird is renowned in the industry for its customer focus and top-tier support policies, and now we invite you to share in our expertise. Sign up for our blog today or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook to receive updates on every upcoming Hummingbird Networks webinar.
Up-Coming Live Webinars
Wi-Fi Fundamentals, Part 3 & 4: Security & 802.11ac Wave 2
Special Guest Presenters: Burt Buffington, CISSP
Thu, Mar 26, 2015 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM PDT
SIGN UP (Limited Spots Available)
Hummingbird Networks is proud to present the third and fourth webinar in their educational series on Wi-Fi:
Wi-Fi Fundamentals, Part 3: Security- Challenges & Confusion Demystified
Determining the security of your Wi-Fi can be challenging and confusing. How secure is your Wi-Fi? If your business must meet compliance requirements, will your Wi-Fi pass the test? How do security experts gauge the security of wireless networks? Learn how ADTRAN’s Bluesocket Wi-Fi coupled with their fully managed ProCloud Wi-Fi can help you tackle these challenges so you know your wireless network is secure.
- The 4 basic security principles for any Wi-Fi network and how experts test for each: Authentication, Authorization, Privacy, and Availability
- How implementing simple rules like “Least Privilege” through role based access can insure better security
- Should all devices that connect to your network be treated the same? Can your child’s game-boy access your payroll and accounting systems?
- Privacy alone through Pre-shared Keys (PSK) is like #comehackmywifi
- Availability is more than just H/A – how do you know your Wi-Fi is working
- Monitoring your network is a 24 hour job and how to do it from the beach
Wi-Fi Fundamentals Part 4: Deep Dive into 802.11ac Wave 1 vs. Wave 2
Special Guest Presenter: Barbra Stuter, ADTRAN
Tue, Apr 21, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM PDT
SIGN UP (Limited Spots Available)
This series is intended to give you the tools to create a better Wi-Fi experience for your users, and educate you on the latest and greatest the technology has to offer.
Topics that will be covered:
• New Infrastructure Requirements
• Cost differences between N, AC Wave 1, and AC Wave 2
• Reasons to Still deploy Wave 1, Instead of Wave 2
• In Depth Technology Overview Between Wave 1 and Wave 2
Wi-Fi Fundamentals: Intelligent Network Design
- Improving Speed, Performance and Reliability
- Planning for Capacity vs. Coverage
- Pinpointing the Bottlenecks
- Proper AP Placement
- What's new in Wi-Fi
- Simple Take Aways to Improve Your Existing Network Today