Done shopping? You can create a PDF of your cart for later or for your purchasing dept! Details at checkout.
- Workloads can be migrated between main data center and remote vPods, vPod to vPod
- Policy and contract enforcement using Cisco ACI Virtual Edge
- Provides segmentation and distributed firewall functionality to secure east-west traffic
- Permit, deny, and taboo (blocked list) lists and an application-centric allowed list policy model for securing virtual applications
- EPG policy-filtering (source EPG, destination EPG, and Layer 4 ports) in the physical fabric
- Secure multitenancy at scale built into the Cisco ACI fabric
- Built-in distributed Layer-4 security integrated into the Cisco ACI fabric to secure east-west traffic
- Security policies automated to move as workloads move in the data center
- Use of Cisco APIC to configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Cisco ACI fabric
- Any fault discovered in one pod (physical or virtual) is isolated from other pods
Cisco ACI Virtual Pod (vPod) is a software solution that extends the Cisco ACI policy model, security, and visibility into virtual workloads at remote locations without the need to deploy physical fabric switches. In this model, the physical spine and leaf functions are virtualized as vSpine and vLeaf virtual machines with the forwarding plane and policy enforcement performed by the Cisco ACI Virtual Edge running on each workload server.
With the addition of the Cisco ACI vPod solution to the Cisco ACI portfolio, customers can now extend their ACI networks to cloud providers that offer bare-metal provisioning, any remote/satellite facilities and colocation data centers. Additionally customers can now extend their ACI fabric into existing legacy networks or in any locations where they cannot deploy ACI hardware.