How do I reach customer service and what are the customer service hours?
Hummingbird Networks customer service representatives are ready to assist you with most post-sales issues including:
- Order changes & cancellations
- Non-defective, un-opened, unused product returns
- Defective product replacement guidance
- Lost shipments
- Short shipments
- Damaged shipments
- Shipping errors
- Billing/Invoice errors
- Tax Exemption
Customer Service Hours
Monday-Friday (excluding holidays)
7:00 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific Time
Customer service can be reached by:
Website Chat (most efficient)
How do I cancel, change, or update an order that was placed online?
If you decide you would like to make a change or cancellation it is important that you do it immediately via this link as we process and ship orders right away, even sometimes after-hours, weekends, and holidays. There is a possibility that once you contact us, the order may have already been processed and shipped. If the product has already shipped (you may be told this after speaking with your Account Manager or Customer Service), you will need to submit an RMA request and/or refuse the shipment. A restock fee may apply. (See restock fees section)
- Contact us via email
- Call your Hummingbird Networks Account Manager
- Chat with us via website chat
If you need to make a change to a part of the order only, (shipping address, correct parts, quantity changes, etc.) we typically will cancel the order and we will need to have the correct items and/or information placed on a new order. The original order will be refunded, typically within 1-2 business days.
I need technical support for something I purchased from Hummingbird Networks.
Although we will do our best to help you, we find it best to contact the manufacturer directly for all technical support issues and will most likely direct you there. Depending on the manufacturer, they will help resolve technical support issues and help with minor configuration. They will also be able to process a replacement product with you directly if they deem the product to be defective. A list of manufacturers’ contact and support information can be found on our Manufacturer Information page.
My order says ‘Manual Verification Required’- What does that mean?
Some orders come through that require a manual verification process as this is just part of our internal order protocol. There is no need to be concerned, it just requires that we look at the order manually before processing. Please be patient as this process may take approx. 1-2 hours before the order moves to ‘Awaiting Fulfillment’.
Why was my order cancelled and/or refunded?
We are so sorry for the cancellation of your order. There could be a few different reasons for this:
1. During the manual verification process, there was either an issue with an inventory error, pricing error, website error, or an issue with the payment clearing so we must cancel and/or refund your order.
2. We may have emailed you questions pertaining to your order, and we have not heard a response from you after multiple attempts or more than 3 calendar days have passed since we have requested addtional information about your order.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our customer service team via online chat.
Why do the prices change from time to time?
Although we strive to create a consistent experience for our customers, there are a lot of reasons why this may happen which may include manufacturing cost changes, constrained product availability, etc. If you are looking to place regular orders with us for a particular item, please contact your Account Manager for special pricing to possibly avoid this.
Why do shipping charges change from time to time?
Although we strive to create a consistent experience for our customers, there are a lot of reasons why this may happen, which may include fuel costs, freight labor costs, product shipping from a different warehouse, etc. If you are looking to place regular orders with us for a particular item, please contact your Account Manager for special pricing to possibly avoid this.
Can you check a product for specific manufacturing specifications- such as a manufacturing date, software revision number, firmware revision, etc.?
Since all our products are new/sealed and most of the time in double cartons or bulk cartons, we cannot open packaging to check this information for you. Our distribution warehouses do regular stocking rotations with the manufacturers, so most of the time you are getting one of the latest revisions available at the time of production. Most of the time, checking the manufacturer websites, along with our specifications tab, will answer most questions we encounter.
I placed an order, but I was contacted to let me know it is now out of stock. What is going on?
Most likely when you placed the order, there was very low stock availability and by the time the order payment cleared our systems, the product was sold out. Another reason may be that the product availability was showing in error. We will give you the option to backorder the item, choose another item, or cancel the order.
I have a good part return (NON-DOA) - How do I request a return authorization? (RMA – Return Merchandise Authorization)
Please follow these steps to submit a return request:
- Please keep the original box, packing material, documentation, and any accessories if you get authorization to return your product.
- View the Manufacturer Policies page to see if your product/service qualifies to be returned
- View the Terms and Conditions page
- If your request meets both conditions above, continue to read and follow the instructions on the Return Request form. If you call Customer Service, they will answer general questions and direct you to this form to get started. It is important that we have this form to start the process for your return and will expedite the process.
Once approval is made, we will contact you with instructions for the next steps to return your product.
Forms are monitored: Monday to Friday 7am to 4pm Pacific Time, excluding holidays. Typical turn around time for RMA approval or denial is 2-3 business days.
Warranties - In General
Product and software warranties are provided by the manufacturer only. Hummingbird Networks may administer the individual manufacturer warranty, which may include returning defective products to Hummingbird Networks, sending products to a factory authorized repair center, or factory direct returns. Hummingbird Networks must abide by the return policies dictated by our manufacturers and distributors.
All manufacturer policies are subject to change without notice.
Most manufacturers require that all defective and DOA products be returned directly to them, or they may limit the timeframe in which you can return products.
For your reference, Hummingbird Networks provides a Manufacturer Return Policies list to download. Policies are updated frequently, so for the most up-to-date information, bookmark this page and ensure you have the most recent guidelines.
The Hummingbird Networks Return Policies are for informational purposes only. Hummingbird Networks is not liable for any changes made to these forms once they have been downloaded and/or printed.
For details on manufacturer policies, see our Manufacturer Return Policies.
*Before ordering, please contact us to verify you are ordering the correct product to avoid unnecessary returns and expenses.
In addition to manufacturer policies and restrictions, the following products/services are non-returnable for refund or exchange for any reason:
- Shipping Charges
- Ink and Toner
- Maintenance Kits
- Spare Parts, Field Replaceable Parts and Units
- UPS Products and Replacement/Expansion Batteries
- Racks and Enclosures
- Projectors of any kind
- TVs / Electronic Signs
- Opened Hard Drives
- Installation, Configuration, Consulting and all Services
- Warranties and Support Contracts of any Type
- Software / Electronic Software Downloads
- Software Licenses (Meraki is an exception, see Manufacturer Policies)
- Software or Product Subscriptions
- Software Assurance / Software Maintenance
- Special Orders
- Build to / Configure to Order / Provisioned / Modified / Revised Items
- End of Life / End of Sale / Discontinued / Closeout Products
- Refurbished Products
- Open Box or Used Products
- Items From Manufacturers and Suppliers That are out of Business
- Any Other Item the manufacturer Will not Accept
- Items not Purchased From Hummingbird Networks
- Items not in Resale Condition Determined by Hummingbird Networks
*This is not a complete list and can change anytime without notice. Please contact your Account Manager or Customer Service before ordering if this is a concern.
I have a DOA (Dead on Arrival) or Non-Working Unit - How do I request a return authorization? (RMA – Return Merchandise Authorization)
Please keep the original box, packing material, documentation, and any accessories if you need to return your product.
Most manufacturers require us to have you as the buyer/customer to contact the manufacturer directly so they can troubleshoot and replace the product directly with them. This is the most efficient and fastest way to get your problem resolved. 99.9% of all DOA requests are often not DOA. Problems are normally resolved with the manufacturer over the phone, email, or live chat within a short time without replacing product.
The fastest way to contact the manufacturer is to contact them from our Manufacturer Policy page, which has all their contact information and options with ways to reach them.
At Hummingbird Networks’ discretion, we may accept the product back for a store credit to your account towards future orders (not a refund), repair it, or replace it with authorization from the manufacturer.
DOA returns are tested upon return. Any product tested and deemed Non-DOA will be returned to the customer and assessed a minimum of 20% restocking fee, or $50, whichever is greater. The customer will be charged a processing fee per shipment returned, plus related freight charges.
After 14 calendar days from shipment, the manufacturer’s warranty process and guidelines must be followed without exception.
Read and follow the instructions on the Return Request form. If you call Customer Service, they will answer general questions and direct you to this form first. It is important that we have this form to start the process for your return and will expediate the process.
Forms are monitored: Monday to Friday 7am to 4pm Pacific Time, excluding holidays.
I have an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization Number), now what do I do next?
When you box up your product, please write the RMA number clearly on the shipping label or an outer shipping box. Do not write the RMA# on the product box from the manufacturer. The box that you return should include everything that was sent to you in the original shipment. This may include the manufacturer’s box, packing material, accessories, warranty cards, UPC bar codes, manuals, CD’s, etc. Any product missing anything, may be refused and RMA will be considered cancelled and invalid.
If you are returning a product with a consumable ink or toner product, please remove the toner/ink from the device to prevent spilling, leaking, and damage during transport back. The safest way to accomplish this is to pack the ink/toner separately or in sealed plastic in the same box as the original item.
If you are returning multiple packages, please affix a label on each shipping box with your RMA#.
Hummingbird Networks is not responsible or liable for damage that occurs during return shipping back to Hummingbird Networks, one of the distribution centers, manufacturers, vendor partners, or repair centers. We strongly suggest you insure the package for the original purchase amount in case of loss or damage in transit.
If Hummingbird Networks, distribution centers, vendor partners, or manufacturers provides a pre-paid freight label or labels, please print those labels and affix to each shipping box. Please affix the label to the box with clear packing tape or a carrier shipping pouch. Make sure you remove all other shipping labels only from the outer carton or cover them with the RMA label.
Arrange for pickup of the package at your office or home by calling the carrier directly or drop off the package at a drop off location nearest you. UPS or FEDEX have instructions on their websites, or you can call them for help.
If your return is over 65 pounds, please contact Hummingbird Networks to make special arrangements together for pickup.
You will be given the RMA address to send the package/s back to. Hummingbird Networks has different distribution warehouses nationwide, and you will be given the address at the time your RMA is pre-approved.
If you are shipping the product back from outside of the USA, all shipping, duties, taxes, and fees must be paid by the customer/sender. You will not be reimbursed for these fees.
If you have any further questions, please contact Customer Service or your Account Manager for more details.
Once I have the RMA Number, when must I have the product back to Hummingbird Networks?
The validity period during which all RMA’s are will remain open is 14 calendar days from the date Hummingbird Networks issues the RMA. You must allow for in-transit time for the product to be returned to Hummingbird Networks, as Hummingbird Networks must physically receive products within the 14 calendar days after an RMA number is provided. RMA’s cannot be extended or reissued. It is strongly suggested that the product is shipped within 1 calendar day after you receive the RMA number to arrive on time.
Do I have to pay for shipping back to Hummingbird Networks or one of their distribution centers?
The buyer/customer will need to pay for shipping at their own expense for any reason except if there was an error due to a result of Hummingbird Networks directly. Carrier delays, lost shipments, or errors for missed pickups or deliveries does not count as a Hummingbird Networks error. All returns must be shipped with a traceable carrier such as UPS, FedEx, or USPS that provides a shipping tracking number. Shipping insurance is optional but highly recommended.
What is the restock fee for any policy exemptions?
The restock fee is 20% or $50, whichever is greater, per item, per return. The restocking fee may be taxed in select states.
Manufacturer specific restock fees may apply if mandated by that vendor line.
Additional restock fees will be assessed depending on Hummingbird Networks ability to resell the returned product if not complete, damaged, or otherwise not in an acceptable resaleable condition.
When does the restock fee apply?
A restock fee will be applied if a product is:
- Opened product that is being returned as the result of a customer error or no-longer needed
- Opened non-defective products
- Opened defective exception product that is out of policy without a replacement
- Any out of policy exceptions
Note: This fee will not be applied to any exception return that is the result of a Hummingbird Networks error.
To report a lost shipment, call Customer Service at (805) 522-9123.
If an order is lost, Hummingbird Networks customer service representatives will research the order shipment and replace it, if necessary.
Lost shipments must be reported within 7 calendar days of the invoice date.
Note: If you request special shipping or handling, including shipment via a carrier other than Hummingbird Networks carrier of choice, you will bear all risk of loss in transit and will be responsible for filing a claim with the carrier.
All products and manufacturer boxes are inspected prior to shipping from one of our distribution centers. Unfortunately, from time to time, products do get damaged during shipping. Any package that is visibly or obviously damaged should be refused and/or noted with the carrier to have on record prior to the driver leaving your location. The customer should always file a claim with the shipping carrier and notify us immediately so we can contact the appropriate parties on your behalf. Pictures of the damaged shipment help us get the case resolved faster.
If the product has hidden or internal damage after opening the shipping carton, please report that to customer service by calling 805-522-9123 within 7 days of receipt to arrange for a solution.
Standard return policies apply. Please see RMA instructions above to complete your return.
If an order is refused without prior authorization, (and for reason other than freight damage), the order will be subject to our restocking fees. (See restocking fees section above)
Refused orders will also be subject to additional shipping charges incurred back to Hummingbird Networks distribution centers. These charges will be debited from your store credit or refund, if applicable.
Products purchased from Hummingbird Networks within the previous 14 calendar days may be returned provided the following criteria are met:
You do not have defective returns in excess of 25% of your previous 90 days' purchases.
Due to restrictions set by manufacturers, some manufacturers deviate from Hummingbird Networks standard defective return policy. Review policy here.
The validity period during which all RMA’s are will remain open is 14 calendar days from the date Hummingbird Networks issues the RMA. You must allow for in-transit time for the product to be returned to Hummingbird Networks, as Hummingbird Networks must physically receive products within the 14 calendar days after an RMA number is provided. It is strongly suggested that the product is shipped within 1 calendar day after you receive the RMA number to arrive on time.
- Reference the Hummingbird Networks RMA number on the shipping label only, not on the product box.
- Return the product in original packaging with all documents (such as warranty cards, manuals, etc.) and components (such as power adapters, cables, etc.) Failure to do so may result in the product being returned to you, with a fee for shipping charged back to you.
- Do not write on the manufacturer’s/product box. Writing on the manufacturer’s box will deem the product as non-resalable (even if sealed) and the product will be returned to you at your expense.
Please take care in shipping product back to Hummingbird Networks. Returned cartons that do not meet the following conditions will be returned to you with a $50 processing fee and return freight charged to your account:
- Product must be unused.
- Product must be complete and in manufacturer's original packaging, with no visible damage (e.g. rips, tears, compressions, holes or dents).
- Product box must not be Re-Taped.
- All seals and packaging tape of manufacturers' packaging must be unbroken.
- There must be no markings or writing on manufacturer's packaging or product box.
- There must be no stickers, other than what the manufacturer supplied, on manufacturer's packaging.
- If a carton is shrink-wrapped, a shipping label must be on the shrink-wrap and the top of the carton.
- All product, including the manufacturer carton(s), must be packed into an additional shipping carton (Over-box your product) to help prevent damage while in transit.
- The RMA number must appear on the shipping label only, not on or inside the carton. Any carton received without an RMA number on the shipping label will be returned to the customer.
- To ensure proper identification of your RMA #, please place the RMA # in the following format on your shipping label: RMA #XXXXXXX. Missing or transposed digits render an RMA # invalid.
- The RMA must reach our warehouse within 14 calendar days of the RMA date, or the carton will be returned to the customer.
- Merchandise must be packaged and secured with proper packaging to prevent any damage in transit.
- Returns must be shipped freight prepaid. Products received without an RMA number, freight collect, not approved for return, or in any way not meeting the above criteria, will be refused with no credit issued.
- If all criteria are met, Hummingbird Networks will issue a credit memo and/or store credit loaded to your account to be applied to future purchases.
Refund Method and Timing
After items are returned to the warehouse or distribution center, all items are inspected and/or tested within approximately 10 business days.
All items shipped directly to the manufacturer (Meraki for example) can take up to 8 weeks for inspection and credits applied to our account, then applied to yours. Electronic licenses and warranties follow the same procedure.
If approved, you typically will be reimbursed for your returned items by store credit or check. We reserve the right to refund or credit your account within 10 days of inspected and approved product.
Items returned with an exception or for store credit, are processed the same way and a store credit will be deposited into your online store account or stay open in the form of a credit memo for you to use.
If a product is returned without all accessories, packaging, or documents, we may deny the return or provide a store credit for a portion of the return if approved.
If a product is bought as part of a bundle or promotion, you will lose the benefit if you do not return all the items purchased. You may only be credited for a portion and not the full price you paid for the bundle or promotion.
You authorize Hummingbird Networks to charge your credit card on file and debit any credit balance for any restocking fees, return shipping fees, and any other fees associated with an RMA.