The Meraki hardware line encompasses a wide
number of devices -including WiFi access points, switches, and firewalls- which
For businesses considering an investment into Cisco Meraki hardware, it can bring superior lifetime ROI specifically because there's so much it can do, and so many potential applications.
Taking A Look At The Meraki MX64W Internet Appliance
Let's start with the basics.
1 - A stateful-inspection firewall
The first and most obvious use
2 - Full Unified Threat Management (UTM) capabilities
With an upgrade to the Advanced Security
package, your MX64W adds several more layers of protection. The full
range of protections includes a smart intrusion-prevention system,
which monitors for multiple types of attack, including both on-site and
off-site methods. There are also anti-
Additionally, it can utilize CIPA-certified content filtering, making it safe for work or school, including both Google SafeSearch and YouTube-For-Schools support.
3 - An integrated WiFi access point
The MX64W also functions
as its own access point, with dual band 802.11n/
In this respect, it's effectively equivalent to a Meraki MR32 access point, except with significantly expanded security and firewall services.
Making Use Of The MX64W
Thanks to this combination of features, there are numerous ways the MX64W-HW can be deployed within an operation. It could be:
- A one-and-done box for providing fast, safe, and secure WiFi access to a smaller office or retail location.
- A straightforward firewall appliance, adding extra security to your existing Meraki network.
- An SMB UTM module to bring superior security and attack prevention.
- Deployed in schools or other educational facilities, to provide
withwhatever content filtering is needed.
- Utilized in remote settings, such as trade show kiosks, to bring full network access without sacrificing security.
- A backup\mobile device that can simply be taken anywhere and,
provideaccess whenever and however it's needed.
We would tend to especially recommend this model to businesses getting their first start with Meraki, as it truly has everything needed to create a highly secure WiFi network with all the cloud-networking benefits that only they can bring.
And, of course, because of how easy it is to
reconfigure Meraki networks, the MX64 series can be moved from role to
role throughout its active life. The unit that begins
For more information, download the MX64W datasheet here.
Are you still wondering whether mesh-based networking is right for your business? Just contact Hummingbird Networks today.