Cisco FCoE For Cisco Nexus 7700 F3 Series 48-port 10-Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ Module - License - 1 Module - For Nexus 7700, 7700 18, 7700 2, 7700 6, 7702, 7706, 7710; ONE Nexus 7700 18, 7706, 7710 - N77-FCOE-F348XP
- Calculated at Checkout
(You save $4,396.73 )
Done shopping? You can create a PDF of your cart for later or for your purchasing dept! Details at checkout.
- This extremely comprehensive set of Layer 2 and Layer 3 functions makes this module excellent for data center networks, in which density, performance, and continuous system operation are critical
- The 7700 F3-Series module is a critical enabler of Cisco FabricPath
- With FabricPath, organizations can build resilient, flexible, and if needed, massively scalable Layer 2 networks
- FabricPath protects enterprises' investments by allowing existing spanning-tree-based deployments to be connected to a FabricPath network
- The 7700 F3-Series module delivers integrated Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), greatly simplifying the network infrastructure and reducing costs by enabling the deployment of unified data center fabrics to consolidate data center traffic onto a single, general-purpose, high-performance, highly available network
- With the 7700 F3-Series module, FCoE can be deployed in director-class modular platforms for the access layer and core of converged networks
- The 7700 F3-Series module provides support for wire-rate VXLAN, offering the architectural flexibility needed to expand cloud deployments with repeatable pods in different Layer 2 domains
The 7700 F3-Series module is based on the Cisco Nexus F3-Series switch-on-a-chip (SoC) ASIC. This type of design increases performance while lowering the power and cooling requirements of the module. The F3-Series SoC is an innovative ASIC designed by Cisco and powered by a flexible packet engine that makes it particularly suitable for building the network infrastructure of public and private cloud environments. The F3-Series engine supports all the foundational networking protocols needed to build Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks, but it also can support highly virtualized environments. It can thus enable virtual overlay networking with hardware support for Cisco Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) and Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) technologies. The 7700 F3-Series hardware enables customers to transparently interconnect their data centers with protocols such as Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV) and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS).